I can see the musicians right now going Fffffff! Noooooooooo, don’t bring your kids to my gigs! C’mon, what’s wrong with little people? Other than their little fingers, wanting to climb up stages, wanting to press any buttons they see, pull down the mike stand. Not so bad right? Don’t worry, we can keep an eye out on our little people. We are very responsible parents 🙂
So, as requested by a dear friend, here’s a little list of gigs that are supposedly ‘family-friendly’. This includes Afternoon Brunches, as well as gigs that start earlier than ‘supposed bedtime’ in a ‘family-friendly’ environment.
Wavehouse, Atlantis the Palm
Weekends : 5:30 – 7:30pm
Wavehouse has a multistorey soft play and comp face painting on weekends, as well as bowling and arcade games. Wavehouse’s bar area has a live band playing at 5:30-7:30pm every Saturday and Sunday. Full review here.
Phileas Foggs, Emirates Hills
Friday : 4:30 – 7:30pm | Sunday 5:00 – 8:00pm
Phileas has a gated playground in their terrace area. It’s shaded, during winter and fully enclosed and air-conditioned for the summer months. A family favourite. They have a musician (acoustic singer/guitarist) that plays early on Friday and Sundays. Go early, leave early 😉
Mezzanine, Souk Madinat Jumeirah
Sundays : 2:00-5:00pm
Live acoustic singer. Haven’t been, will update after we drop by.
Home by McGettigans, Citywalk
Saturday : 4:00 – 7:00pm | Sunday 4:30 – 7:30pm
Live acoustic singer. Haven’t been, will update after we drop by
Depachika, Nakheel Mall the Palm
Sunday : 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Live acoustic singer.
These are also included in the Family Brunches Listing as they have entertainment for kids :
- The Brunch with Reel Cinemas @ The Restaurant : Saturdays 1-4pm – Live duo ( Singer, Sax ) – Review2021
- Sunday Roast at The Ritz @ The Ritz Carlton DIFC : Sundays 12-4pm – Live acoustic singer/guitarist – Review2022
These brunches are not specifically ‘Family brunches’ but do welcome families :
- Bubbalicious @ Westin Mina Seyahi : Saturdays 1-4pm – Live band
- The Big British Brunch @ Mezzanine, Souk Madinat : Saturdays 1-4pm – Live duo ( Singer, Guitarist)
- Billy’s Brunch @ Bai Bar, Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Canal View : Saturdays 12-5pm – Live duo – Review2022
- Sunday Siesta Brunch @ El Sur, Westin Mina Seyahi : Sundays 12:30-3:30pm – Live singer
- The Original Bolli Brunch @ Yalumba, Le Meridien Dubai (Airport) : Saturdays 1-4pm – Live band
- Brunch 2.0 @ Brasserie 2.0 : Saturdays 1:30-4:30pm – Live band – Old Review2016
- Saturday Brunch @ Graze, La Ville Citywalk : Saturdays 1-5pm – Live Acoustic Singer – Review2021
Hope this is enough to keep the family entertained 😉 There are lots of other places that have live music – just that most of them starts after 7pm, so I have not included them here.
Remember : Keep an eye out on the little people. Don’t let them get too close to the musicians 🙂
Here’s a little video of the little person enjoying some good music at Wavehouse
- This listing was put together in May 2022. For current details, please check with venue.