Just before the little man turned 2, we thought it be fun that we took him to a family restaurant that had a live band to celebrate. After some research, I remembered Wavehouse, which I had popped in once before, for a wander. Wavehouse is one of those venues which ticks most boxes. It’s got entertainment for the kids and adults, is licensed, plus – it has music. It also has an indoor soft play area which I had been wanting to take the kids to try out for awhile. Off we went, on a Saturday evening with the family – all excited, to review Wavehouse.
How was it? Here’s a rundown of what you get.
Where is Wavehouse?
Wavehouse is located in Atlantis the Palm, by Bread Street Kitchen and Ronda Locatelli. It occupies the upper floor, so you do have to either take the steps, or if you have the buggy – there is a lift right next to the souvenir stall.
For tickets to Lost Chambers or Aquaventure in Atlantis, Book here.
Do we self-park? Is there valet?
Not to worry – drive towards the ‘second Atlantis’ entrance – that’s the one you go to where Aquaventure is.
Hand over your keys. It’s complimentary valet so you can unload the kids, buggy and all, and run straight in.
What sort of ‘family entertainment’ are we talking about?
- Arcade games – a few machines on the main restaurant floor, and an entire upper storey with lots more. Don’t miss that
- 5-storey indoor soft play – Complimentary access. Open Saturday and Sundays from 1-9pm, Minimum height is 1m
- Waverider outside
On Saturday and Sundays, they also have complimentary face painting and an arts & crafts corner by the bowling alley. We also saw entertainers on stilts walking around, which the kids absolutely loved.
That all sounds wonderful, but how much do they actually cost? Do I have to take a loan to spend the day there with the family?
As mentioned, the soft play, arts & crafts and face painting is complimentary if you are dining in the restaurant.
Whereas, for the other entertainment available :
- Bowling – 420 AED per lane for an hour – max 6 players.
- Arcade Games – starts from 8 AED a game.
Any offers we should be aware of ?
They do have :
- Happy Hour between 5-8pm everyday where selected drinks and arcade games are 50% off
- Barcade day every Tuesday between 5-10pm, where you pay 149 AED for 100 AED gaming credit and 5 drinks. Now that’s a fab deal, isn’t it?
Have a look all current Wavehouse offers here.
What are the food and drinks like?
Pizzas, from 75 AED to 90 AED. Seafood – Salmon and Fish and Chips around 120 AED. They do have a Pork Menu (hee hee) – with Burgers around 100 AED. Get the Rack of ribs – 125 AED – soooo good. ‘The Champion’ burger was humongous as well – with pork bacon, portobello, hash brown, fried egg and cheese (105 AED).
They do have a kids menu, around 50 AED average.
You can get a Hoegaarden pint for 60 AED. Wine starts from 45 AED, and cocktails from 60 AED.
Have a browse through Wavehouse’s Food & Beverage Menu here.
Not cheap ay?
Standard ‘Atlantis’ pricing, to be honest. You’ll get similar pricing if you pop into Bread Street or Ronda Locatelli next door, or any licensed family venue that also serves pork. Ref : my other favourite family friendly venue.
Tip : Download the Atlantis Circle app, and upon presentation you get discounts starting from 15%. Some discount, is better than nothing 😉
Isn’t there music, too?
Well, that’s always the best part, isn’t it? And possibly the highlight for all of us.
They have a live band playing in another section of the restaurant everyday. On weekends – the band plays between 5:30 to 7:30pm (and another for the later session). This was perfect for us, so the kids could actually see a live band for the very first time. Something, before their bed time, ha! Those guys were so good – our little boy was head banging away. So cool 😉
We had such a good time at Wavehouse in the Atlantis with the family. It’s a place that ticks all boxes – kids will have a good time and the parents (and grandparents) will do too. Go at Happy Hour for the offers, Barcade on Tuesdays – or otherwise spend your Saturday Sundays there where they have comp entertainment and access to the soft play. It felt like what you would get in a family brunch, except you go ala carte 😉
PS – Make sure you stay for the live music!
- Wavehouse, Atlantis the Palm
- Offers :
- F&B Discount starting from 15% with the Atlantis Circle App
- Happy Hour 5-8pm everyday, 50% off Selected Drinks and Arcade Games
- Barcade every Tuesday 149 AED for 100 AED gaming credit and 5 drinks.
- We were guests of Atlantis the Palm to review Wavehouse with the family.
- This review was done in May 2022. Please check with the venue current pricing and offers.