The following listing contains all the licensed family restaurants in Dubai, where kids can play.
Also know as ‘Restaurants where daddy mummy can have a drink and the little ones can play.’ ‘Restaurants where you can catch up with your friends and your little ones won’t bother you.” Or basically “Somewhere to go where the kids are happy and you are happy, too.” 🙂
Hope this list comes into handy for you for the winter months at least. I have also included their drink offers, as we don’t really want to take a loan to have a drink just so the little ones can be entertained, right?
To add, most of these venues are in our neighbourhood and its surroundings : Dubai Marina, JBR, and the Palm.
Follow us on Instagram as we explore all these restaurants, and more.
Restaurants with a Playground
Bread Street Kitchen & Ronda Locatelli, Atlantis Dubai the Palm
- In a nutshell : Large gated playground outside Bread Street Kitchen & Ronda Locatelli, next to the beach.
- Can you see the kids from your table? : You can see a little part of it from BSK. You’ll have to go there with the younger ones.
- Offer : Atlantis Circle Members get discounted offers from their Ala Carte menu.
Read full review of the Family brunch at Bread Street Kitchen here.
Wavebreakers, Hilton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- In a nutshell : Playground on the sand.
- Can you see the kids from your table? : Pick a spot at the edge of the terrace.
- Offer : Happy Hour Monday-Thursdays 5-7pm.
Read full review of Happy Hour at Wavebreakers here.
Phileas Fogg’s, Emirates Hills
- In a nutshell : Shaded playground (Entire area is air-conditioned and enclosed in the summer months).
- Can you see the kids from your table? Pick a spot by the playground.
- Offer : Happy Hour Monday-Fridays 12pm-7pm
- 35 AED for Pint of beers, Wine, Cocktails
More on Phileas Fogg’s here.
Reform Social & Grill, The Lakes
I have never been able to take a photo of the playground or grass area without it involving 101 other kids so no photos here for now. Hopefully soon!
- In a nutshell : Outdoor playground with a large gated field area for kids to run around in.
- Can you see the kids from your table? Pick a spot in their outdoor area, by the playground.
- Offer : Happy Hour Friday’s 4-8pm, called Poet’s Day
Wavehouse, Atlantis the Palm
- In a nutshell : Comp 5-storey soft play (min height 1m), bowling and arcade games (chargeable) and a waverider.
- Can you see the kids from your table? Not really, the soft play is tucked to the corner, however if they are doing bowling you will be able to see them
- Offer : Happy Hour Everyday 5-8pm where selected drinks and arcade games is 50% off.
Read full review of Wavehouse here.
Palm Garden, Al Hadiqa or Black Goose, Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- In a nutshell : Gated, shaded outdoor playground with swings, slide and see-saw. There is also a really cool ship-shaped structure few steps away next to the pool.
- Can you see the kids from your table? Pick a spot by the playground
- Offer : Haven’t personally had drinks here but it is in a hotel so you can get one. Will update once I find out the offers.
Isola, Jumeirah Islands Clubhouse
- In a nutshell : Shaded outdoor playground, called Treehouse.
- Can you see the kids from your table? No, it is somewhat hidden to the side of the building so you will have to go there with the younger ones
- Offer : Discounted beverages and bites starting at 29 AED Mon-Fri 4-7pm, known as L’aperitivo and cicchetti
How is breakfast at Isola?
More on Isola on their website here.
Canary Club, Banyan Tree Residences JLT
- In a nutshell : Shaded outdoor playground, on ground floor (Note that Canary Club is on the upper level)
- Can you see the kids from your table? If you pick this one table – yes. Otherwise, no.
- Offer : Happy Hour Mon-Fri 5-7pm 50% selected cocktails, house spirits, selected bottle beers and wines.
Read about their family brunch every Sunday The Brady Brunch here.
Monty’s, Address Montgomerie
- In a nutshell : Shaded small outdoor playground, by Address Montgomerie’s pool
- Can you see the kids from your table? If you pick one of the outdoor tables – kind of, though you’ll be better off with the younger ones as the playground is next to the pool.
- Offer : 2 for 1 for mains with Entertainer, 20% off total bill with Privilee.
If your little one is happy just playing with sand, there a lot of restaurants and bars that are literally on the beach. This covers most beachside bars in resorts, as well as other licensed venues on the Palm.
Palm West Beach
There are a number of restaurants in this area but I do personally feel that these two are more ‘family-friendly’ :
- In a nutshell : Fountains on one side, sand right in front, and endless boardwalk for them to scoot on.
- Offer : Happy Hour drinks and food Monday – Thursdays between 4-7pm
- 35 AED Cocktails, 30 AED Wine, 35 AED Beer Bottles
Read full review of Sundowners at Senor Pico here.
Zing Beach Bar Hilton Palm Jumeirah
- In a nutshell : Lots of space for the kids to scoot and run around, or otherwise play on the sand.
Jones the Grocer
- In a nutshell : Kids can play on the sand while you have a drink. A lot of families go to Jones so it does get very busy, and unfortunately you cannot book so go early if you can!
Read full review of Sundowners at Jones here.
Club Vista Mare
Palm Bay and Breeze have tables on the sand, so check those out . Will update with more details.
Shorelines – Peaches and Cream
- In a nutshell : Peaches and Cream is a family-friendly beach club in Shorelines 1. Pick a seat outside and kids can run around on the lawn, or get a day pass – they can run in and out of the kids pool. You can also choose the sunbeds and eat there – kids can play on the beach!
Read full review of Peaches and Cream here.
Villamore, Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah
- In a nutshell : Kempinski’s beach bar, next to the pool, and beach. Pick a spot on the terrace and let the little ones run free! There’s a swing, and hammocks as well closeby.
- Offer : Happy hour between 4-7pm, called ‘Golden Hour’, with drinks at 30% off.
More on Villamore on their website here.
Al Manara Beach Bar, Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa
- In a nutshell : Habtoor Grand’s beach bar, right at the end of the resort on the sand. Remember to bring their scooters as it is a long trek from the main building!
- Offer : No happy hours, but you do get 35% off with Privilee and you can also use the Entertainer 2 for 1 for food (under Andreas)
More on Al Manara on their website here.
The Beach House, Anantara the Palm Resort & Spa
- In a nutshell : Anantara’s beachside restaurant.
- Offer : No happy hours, but you do get 25% off with Privilee and you can also use the Entertainer 2 for 1 for food.
More on The Beach House on their website here.
Sand Bar (or South Bar), Westin Mina Seyahi
- In a nutshell : Westin beach bar, right on the sand by the beach.
- Offer : No happy hours, but you do get 25% off with Privilee.
Fish Beach Taverna, Westin Mina Seyahi
- In a nutshell : Beautiful seafood restaurant, right by the sand.
- Offer : No happy hours, but you do get 25% off with Privilee (Sun-Thurs).
- Prices shown are as of when this article was published – Feb 2022. Please check venue website for current pricing.
- Have a look at the ‘Restaurants with an Indoor Play Area‘ listing as well (typically, not licensed)