Here’s my “Dubai in 7 days”, created for friends and family who are coming here to visit us, which you may use as a point of reference as well.
Day One – Desert Safari
Pick up around 3pm, home before 10pm, that leaves them the morning to pick and choose something else to do. Click here for my review of Arabian Night Tours which I’ve recommended to almost all my family and friends who have been to Dubai over the years. Tip : It’s in the Entertainer, or otherwise check out Groupon Cobone for deals.
Day Two – Waterparks
- Aquaventure & The Lost Chambers – If you’re coming around your birthday you get a complimentary ticket to Aquaventure – check their website to see if the deal is still on as you’ll have to register for it. Click here for my review of the first ever time we went there. Tip : Most of the eateries are in the Entertainer, Saffron for buffet, Bread Street Kitchen is right by Aquaventure.
- Wild Wadi – Tip : Complimentary access and shuttle if they stay in one of the Jumeirah hotels. The cheapest and most central one is Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Otherwise, it is in the Entertainer.
- Laguna Waterpark – Cheapest option out of the 3. Click here for my review.
Day Three – Dubai Mall
- Shopping, of course. Tip : If the kids get restless, bring them into Hamleys to play.
- The Aquarium – Click here for a review of their ‘Ultimate Experience. Tip : Instead of paying to go in, just go to the area where Chili’s is so the kids can have a close-up look of the sealife. Chili’s & Joe’s Crab Shack are in the Entertainer
- Drinks on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa at sunset – Atmosphere Lounge (Click here for previous reviews). Tip : Cheapest option is to go for ‘Morning in the Clouds’ in Atmosphere Lounge which is a 100 AED minimum spend, otherwise do breakfast – it is in the Entertainer. Click here for a review of their breakfast.
- Lunch with kids. Tip : Walnut Grove – babycinos are comp for kids. Jones the Grocer also has a play area in the outdoor terrace. Both in the Entertainer.
- Dinner by the fountains. Tip : Our usual spots which is in the Entertainer – Carluccios in Dubai Mall (cheaper option) & Serafina at Souk Al Bahar (pricier option, also licensed). Click here for reviews of restaurants in and around Dubai Mall.
Day Four – Pool and Beach Day
- Lots of free beaches.
- JBR’s The Beach Tip : Free basement parking with min 100AED spend in one of the eateries and it’s free parking.
- La Mer Tip : Free parking in the basement if you spend min 100AED. Lots of restaurants in the Entertainer.
- Kite Beach
- Hotel Pool and Beach day – Tip : There are lots of deals with FnB redeemable. Click here for a list of the ones in the Palm and Marina. If you have a friend who is a Privilee member, get them to get you a guest pass, you get access to most of the 5-star resort pool and beaches in Dubai on weekdays for a week (Click here for my reviews of hotel pool and beach days in Dubai)
- Ladies Day – Do a google search and it’ll bring up the latest deals around.
Day Five – Old Dubai
- Gold Souk, Spice Souk.
- 1 AED abra across the creek
- Al Seef – Beautiful area adjacent to the creek.
Day Six – Posh Madinat Day
- Shop, wander through Souk Madinat Jumeirah.
- Afternoon Tea at Al Samar Lounge or Fayrooz Lounge. Click here to browse through all the afternoon tea spots in Dubai including reviews of the two mentioned above. Tip : Most afternoon teas are in the Entertainer.
- Burj Al Arab –
Dinner at Scape, there is no minimum spend and is the cheapest way to check out the Burj Al Arab. Arrive before the sun sets.Scape has now been replaced by Sal, which we have not been to so won’t be able to advise much on..
Day Seven – Marina Day (my neighbourhood!)
- Wander along the marina, have a coffee and cake at MnS for 19AED while you watch people.
- Take the water taxi to Marina Mall, the station is outside Spinneys. 5 AED.
- Shop around. Have lunch at Shakespeare & Co which is in the Entertainer.
- Take the tram and head towards JBR or just walk there. Wander along and people watch.
- Have dinner in any of the restaurants, most of them are in the Entertainer.
I might expand this one to do a standalone post!
MISC Things To Do
- Ladies Night – Let the husbands babysit and go for free drinks at one of the many Ladies Nights. Click here to browse through the miscellanous ladies nights that I have been. There’s somewhere to go to every night of the week – I usually use this website to browse.!
- Dubai Brunch – Do at least one.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Al Qudra Lakes & Love Lake for desert and natural wildlife – Click here on how to get there.
- Miracle Garden & Butterfly Gardens (No deals that I know of)
I’ll keep updating this list as new things keep getting built here in Dubai!
Any queries – drop me a message below or other send me an email here.