Here’s my “Dubai in 7 days”, created for friends and family who are coming here to visit us, which you may use as a point of reference as well.
Day One – Desert Safari
Pick up around 3pm, home before 10pm, that leaves them the morning to pick and choose something else to do. Click here for my review of Arabian Night Tours which I’ve recommended to almost all my family and friends who have been to Dubai over the years. Tip : 150AED if I book directly through my contact, and no I don’t get ‘commission’ for this 🙂
Day Two – Waterparks
- Aquaventure & The Lost Chambers – No current deals that I know of. Click here for my review of the first ever time we went there. Tip : Most of the eateries are in the Entertainer, Saffron for buffet, Bread Street Kitchen is right by Aquaventure.
- Wild Wadi – Tip : Complimentary access and shuttle if they stay in one of the Jumeirah hotels. The cheapest and most central one is Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Otherwise, it is in the Entertainer.
- Laguna Waterpark – Cheapest option out of the 3.
Day Three – Dubai Mall
- Shopping, of course.
- The Aquarium Tip : Instead of paying to go in, just go to the area where Chili’s is so the kids can have a close-up look of the sealife. Chili’s & Joe’s Crab Shack are in the Entertainer
- Drinks on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa at sunset – Atmosphere Bar (Click here for previous reviews) Tip : Book a table at the bar after 5pm, and there is NO minimum spend.
- Dinner by the fountains. Tip : Our usual spots which is in the Entertainer – Carluccios in Dubai Mall (cheaper option) & Serafina at Souk Al Bahar (pricier option)
Day Four – Pool and Beach Day
- Lots of free beaches.
- JBR’s The Beach Tip : Free basement parking with min 60AED spend in one of the eateries and it’s free parking. Pots, Pans and Boards is a good one for families as they have an indoor play area and is in the Entertainer.
- La Mer Tip : Free parking in the basement if you spend min 100AED. Lots of restaurants in the Entertainer.
- Kite Beach
- Hotel Pool and Beach day – Tip : There are tons of deals on Groupon for this – the ongoing ones are Kempinski Palm Jumeirah, Sofitel The Palm, Rixos The Palm, and Fairmont The Palm.
- Ladies Day – Tip : 55AED for 3 drinks and free pool and beach access to Riva on Wednesdays. 150AED for 2-course lunch and unlimited drinks at Praia at Five Plm Jumeirah on Thursdays. Free pool and beach access to first 100 ladies at Rixos Premium Dubai on Mondays and Tuesdays. Free pool and beach access at Zero Gravity on Tuesdays.
Day Five – Old Dubai
- Gold Souk, Spice Souk.
- 1 AED abra across the creek
- Al Seef – Museum of Illusions (still waiting for a deal for this one)
Day Six – Posh Madinat Day
- Shop, wander through Souk Madinat Jumeirah.
- Afternoon Tea at Al Samar Lounge or Fayrooz Lounge. Tip : Book and arrive at the other hotel, so you can take the abra across. So for example if you book at Al Samar Lounge in Mina a’ Salam, go to Al Qasr first so you can explore the hotel. Then take the abra from there to Mina a’ Salam. Click here to browse through all the afternoon tea spots in Dubai including reviews of the two mentioned above. Tip : Most afternoon teas are in the Entertainer.
- Burj Al Arab – Dinner at Scape, there is no minimum spend and is the cheapest way to check out the Burj Al Arab. Arrive before the sun sets.
Day Seven – Marina Day (my neighbourhood!)
- Wander along the marina, have a coffee and cake at MnS for 19AED while you watch people.
- Take the boat to Marina Mall. 5 AED.
- Shop around. Have lunch at Shakespeare & Co which is in the Entertainer.
- Take the tram and head towards JBR or just walk there. Wander along and people watch.
- Have dinner in any of the restaurants, most of them are in the Entertainer.
I might expand this one to do a standalone post!
MISC Things To Do
- Ladies Night – Let the husbands babysit and go for free drinks at one of the many Ladies Nights. Click here to browse through the miscellanous ladies nights that I have been. There’s somewhere to go to every night of the week! PM me for recommendations depending on which day you want to head out and where.
- Dubai Brunch – Do at least one.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts – Yet to check them all out, will update after I do.
- Al Qudra Lakes for desert and natural wildlife – Click here on how to get there.
- Miracle Garden & Butterfly Gardens (No deals that I know of)
I’ll keep updating this list as new things keep getting built here in Dubai!