Mid April, a family from Mumbai reached out to ask for pointers whilst planning their holiday to Dubai. We liaised for awhile, and they ended up here in Dubai in May.
Here’s a short write-up written by themselves on where they stayed and what they did. Hope this will be useful for those of you who are considering similar plans!
We were 2 families flying in from India and we have kids age 4 and 8. We were in Dubai for 8 nights .
Lapita Hotel, Dubai Parks and Resorts
For the first 2 nights we stayed at Lapita Hotel in Dubai Parks and Resorts. It was a good decision.
- Right next to the park , so at the end day when you are super tired you do not have to travel anywhere far
- Park tickets included with your stay. We stayed for 2 nights and got 2 park tickets for free. We opted for Legoland and Motiongate
- You also have the Outlet Village right across so you can indulge in some shopping. It’s a bit out of the way if you are staying in Downtown, so coming all the way wouldn’t make sense. Otherwise, not a bad option if you stay right across!
- The property is neat ; They also have very friendly and helpful staff.
- If I have to very picky then one thing I will say is the food was okay, but not spectacular.
Taj Hotel, Business Bay
For the rest of the 6 days in Dubai, we stayed at Taj Hotel, Business Bay.
- Location, the hotel is very centrally located
- Room size : 54 m2 . Family room is a good size – 2 queen beds and a comfortable lounge with it.
- Good staff
- Good breakfast spread
- Shuttle service to Dubai Mall through the day
Have a browse through our reviews of hotels in Dubai.
We flew with Emirates Airlines.
Not sure if many people know this but Emirates provide 20-30% discount on a lot of entertainment, leisure and food places in the UAE – they call it the ‘Emirates Pass‘. We got discounts on our tickets to the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Aquarium, Atlantis’ Aquaventure Waterpark, Jiva Spa at Taj etc.
Food places we loved
Other things that we did
What our kids loved in Dubai
What we thought was over hyped
Have a browse through our reviews of Dubai Attractions.
And here’s a lovely testimonial from them.
Thanks so much for getting in touch with me and I am glad we could be of help. Hope you guys will plan a holiday back here again soon!
If you have similar aged kids and you’re coming to Dubai for a holiday – hope this came into handy.
For a brief 7-day itenary that we have put together for our friends and family, have a browse through ' Dubai for Tourists. ' Feel free to get in touch with me on Instagram if you have any queries.