Best time of the year – Christmas with kids in Dubai. The little ones love it, we love it. And there’s always so much to see and do here in Dubai. Here’s an ever-growing list of anything Christmassy that crosses my radar.
Enjoy the festive season with the family.
Winterfest by McGettigans
McGettigans has taken over Dubai Media Amphitheatre this year and transformed part of it into a Winterfest, the other a Fanzone to show the World Cup.
A fun spot to spend the day with the family, with lots to check out and do before, in between and after a game.
See Winterfest by Mcgettigan’s website for more details.
- When : 20th November to 24th December 2022 | Opens 3pm Weekdays, 10am Weekends and Public Holidays
- Where : Dubai Media Amphitheatre – Location here.
- Details : 50 AED entry fee, fully redeemable in F&B
- Snowpark, giant bouncy castle with slides, slime station, Rolldxb.
- Food stalls and yes, it is fully licensed.
- Activities are chargeable – averaging 30-40aed
- Elsa & Anna by Boutique Princesses will be there every Saturday at 6:15pm, and Sunday at 4pm – double check her account for updates
Winter City Expo City
Expo City has transformed into a little winter city for the festive season. There’s traditional chalet-style market stalls, pine trees and fun fairground games. Take the kids to see Mr and Mrs Santa in their magical toy shop and house. There’s ziplining, snow fall bag jump, ice rink and so much more.
See Expo City’s Winter City website for more details.
- When : 23rd November 2022 to 8th January 2023 | 3pm-11pm ( opens at 10am between 10th December to 1st January )
- Where : Expo City
- Price : Free to enter, with charges applicable for some activities and workshops
Bluewaters Santa’s Secret Island
There will be a festive tree lighting, santa’s grotto, kids’ workshops, ice rinks, snow globe and more.
- When : 10th December – 29th December 2022 | 12pm-10pm Daily
- Where : Bluewaters Island – around Ain Dubai and the boardwalk
Have a browse through here for a full list of events happening in Bluewaters this winter.
JBR’s Winter Wonderland
There will be themed movie nights to roaming entertainment. Movies are free – every Friday & Saturday at 7pm. There will be a Christmas circus, themed activities, arts & crafts and engaging games.
See JBR’s Instagram page for more.
- When : 9th December – 24th December 2022 | Every Saturday & Sunday 5pm-9pm
- Where : JBR The Walk and The Beach
Christmas Tree Lightings in Dubai Hotels
All hotels, golf clubs and malls will be having their own Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony which typically comes with mulled wine, cookies, carols and in some cases – Santa makes an appearance. These are usually free to join, though some venues require prebookings and some are exclusively for guests residing at the hotel.
Do enquire directly with venues for more details. You’ll very likely see us at some, if not all of these…. haha
- Thursday, 1st Dec 6-6:30pm : Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa – See festive brochure.
- Monday, 5th Dec 5-7pm : Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah – See festive brochure.
- Tuesday, 6th Dec 7pm : W Dubai the Palm – See festive brochure.
- Thursday, 8th Dec 6-7pm : Anantara Dubai Palm Jumeirah
- Saturday, 10th Dec 4-5pm : Fairmont the Palm
- Sunday, 11th Dec 6-6:30pm : Sofitel Dubai Palm Jumeirah – See festive brochure.
- Thursday, 15th Dec 6-7pm : Taj Exotica Palm Jumeirah – See festive offers.
More to be added…..