Best time of the year – Christmas with kids in Dubai. The little ones love it, we love it. And there’s always so much to see and do here in Dubai. Here’s an ever-growing list of anything Christmassy that crosses my radar, to include Christmas Markets, any festive events in malls, areas and restaurants.
Have a browse through the Family Christmas Brunches in Dubai Listing as well
Follow us on Instagram as we explore Dubai with the family this festive season.
Enjoy the festive season with the family.
Here’s a little recap – where we have been in the last few weeks, Christmas 2022.
Please keep scrolling for inspo on all the festivities still going on 🙂
Festive Bricktacular at Legoland
Date : 14th December – 8th January 2023
Bring the kids over to Legoland at Dubai Parks and Resorts for lots of activities – festive cupcake decorating, lego gingerbread house building, elf hunting and lots more. You could also book a night and do the ‘Santa Sleepover’ which includes a Santa meet and greet, as well as lots of surprises!
See Legoland’s website for more details.
Times Square’s Gingerbread Village
An entire gingerbread village will be set up offering an array of activities including a tree lighting ceremony, festive carols, a meet and greet with Santa in his Grotto, and a Mrs Klaus workshop, as well as roaming entertainers.
- When : 10th December, 15th to 24th December 2022 | 2pm – 8pm
- Details : Free
- Roaming parades & Entertainment, Festive Theme Markets
- Meet and greet with Santa and his elves at Santa’s grotto. 2:00pm – 3:30pm | 4:15 – 6:00pm | 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Festive Games, Arts & Crafts Station, Gingerbread Decorating Workshop (ages 5+) 2:00pm -3:00pm | 3:30pm – 4:30pm | 5:00pm – 6:30pm | 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Have a look at Times Square Centre’s Gingerbread Village schedule here.
Winterfest by McGettigans
McGettigans has taken over Dubai Media Amphitheatre this year and transformed part of it into a Winterfest, the other a Fanzone to show the World Cup.
A fun spot to spend the day with the family, with lots to check out and do before, in between and after a game.
See Winterfest by Mcgettigan’s website for more details.
- When : 20th November to 24th December 2022 | Opens 3pm Weekdays, 10am Weekends and Public Holidays
- Where : Dubai Media Amphitheatre – Location here.
- Details : 50 AED entry fee, fully redeemable in F&B (Free entry between 19th – 24th December)
- Snowpark, giant bouncy castle with slides, slime station, Rolldxb.
- Food stalls and yes, it is fully licensed.
- Activities are chargeable – averaging 30-40aed
- Elsa & Anna by Boutique Princesses will be there every Saturday at 6:15pm, and Sunday at 4pm – double check her account for updates
Winter City Expo City
Expo City has transformed into a little winter city for the festive season. There’s traditional chalet-style market stalls, pine trees and fun fairground games. Take the kids to see Mr and Mrs Santa in their magical toy shop and house. There’s ziplining, snow fall bag jump, ice rink and so much more.
See Expo City’s Winter City website for more details.
- When : 23rd November 2022 to 8th January 2023 | 3pm-11pm ( opens at 10am between 10th December to 1st January )
- Where : Expo City
- Price : Free to enter, with charges applicable for some activities and workshops
Bluewaters Santa’s Secret Island
There will be a festive tree lighting, santa’s grotto, kids’ workshops, ice rinks, snow globe and more.
- When : 10th December – 29th December 2022 | 4pm-10pm Daily
- Where : Bluewaters Island – around Ain Dubai and the boardwalk
- Details :
- 3 hours of free parking if you spend AED100 at any participating retailer and a validated ticket
- Stage shows & roaming activities entertainment Weekends 4:45 p.m till 9 p.m
- Spend 150AED at any Bluewaters outlets and enjoy Santa’s Grotto and workshops
- Meet Santa : Weekdays 5:30, 6:40, 7:50, and 9:00 p.m. Weekends 5:30, 6:40, 7:50, 9:00, and 10:10 p.m.
- Full schedule of Santa’s Secret Island here.
Have a browse through here for a full list of events happening in Bluewaters this winter.
JBR’s Winter Wonderland & Festive at The Beach
There will be themed movie nights to roaming entertainment. Movies are free – every Friday & Saturday at 7pm. There will be a Christmas circus, themed activities, arts & crafts and engaging games.
Santa and his elves are making a pit stop every weekend at The Beach opposite JBR from 9th December until Christmas Eve!
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., embark on a journey of fun and frolic with holiday decor and exciting activities at The Beach. Find Santa and his elves touring the place on their customised bikes, handing out delicious candies to all good boys and girls, and making merry!
- When : 9th December – 24th December 2022 | Every Friday – Sunday 4pm-10pm
- Where : JBR The Walk and The Beach
Christmas in Depachika
Depachika is properly decked out for the festive month – with adorable bears right out front and a Santa chair photo op in the middle. Lots of festive goodies from the various eateries, including Lime Tree Cafe, Madeleine et Marcel, and more.
They have ongoing festivities, with complimentary gingerbread ceramic painting, greeting card and gliterry snowflake making. On the 17th and 18th of December, there will be an opportunity to Meet Santa between 12:30pm to 6:05pm! Bring the little ones there.
When : 12th December – 24th December 2022
Sea Wonder @ Nakheel Mall Palm Jumeirah
Nakheel Mall is going ‘Sea Wonder’ this festive season. There will be a Santa meet & greet, kids workshops, edible snow station and festive parade.
See Instagram post below for more details.
- When : 14th December – 29th January 2023 | 2:00 – 8:00pm
- Where : Nakheel Mall (inside)
Sea Wonder @ The Pointe Palm Jumeirah
Going on the same theme as Nakheel Mall, The Pointe is going on a ‘Journey underwater’ this festive season with ‘Sea Wonder’. There will be festive parades, fountain and firework shows, and more.
- When : 14th – 17th December 2022 | 7:15-9:30pm
Sea Wonder @ Palm West Beach
There will be Sea Wonder festive parade on one day only – 18th December at Palm West Beach. Bring the little ones there!
- When : 18th December | 7:15pm-7:45pm, 8:15pm-8:45pm and 9:00pm-9:30pm.
Ripe Market Winter Wonderland @ Al Barari
- Date : 10th December to 25th December | Weekdays 4-9pm Weekends 1-9pm
- Details : 10 AED Entry Fee | Activities are extra
Ripe Market Academy Park Festive Market
- Date : 3rd December to 1st January | Saturday 9am-9pm; Sunday 9am-7pm
- Details : AED 5 (Free for kids below 12)
Christmas at Town Square
Town Square is back with its famous Winter carnival. There will be Alice in Wonderland Tea Party with acrobatic shows, Santa Claus & performers, Children’s workshops.
For full schedule, have a look at Town Square’s website here.
- Date : 10th December to 1st January | Friday-Sunday 4-10pm
- When : Town Square Dubai Park
Christmas at City Centre Me’aisam
City Centre Me’aisam is going all out this Christmas with their ‘Winter in Wonderland’ activation.
- Date : 25th November to 15th February
- Weekdays : From 04:00pm – 12:00 am.
- Weekends : From 12:00pm – 12:00am Weekends.
- When : City Centre Me’aisem Outdoor Parking.
Christmas at Reform Social
Reform is busy with lots of things going on for Christmas – Santa’s visit, live entertainment, movie night and markets.
See post below for details.
- Date : 15th – 25th December
JLT Winter Festival
JLT Winter Festival is back this season at JLT Park. See JLT’s website for full schedule.
Date : 15th – 23rd December 4-9pm
Winter Festival at Souk Madinat Jumeirah
Possibly one of the most famous winter markets here in Dubai : Winter Festival at Souk Madinat Jumeirah is back on from the 15th of December to Christmas day. There will be Santa’s Grotto, kid’s workshops and lots of live entertainment from buskers and more.
Date : 15th – 25th December 12-8pm
Emaar Communities Christmas Events
All the Emaar Communities have their own celebrations going on. Pop over to Emaar Communities’ Facebook Page to see them all.
Below, just a handful that are in and around the Dubai Marina (to include Dubai Hills, cause I love that park!)
4 thoughts on “Christmas with Kids in Dubai – 2022”