If you have never spent Christmas in Dubai – you really should take the little ones here. It’s such a lovely time of the year, as it’s cool enough for everyone to be outdoors (but not too cold!), and there’s so much going on in and around Dubai. This list, is a compilation of festive markets, events and activities for kids.
Do have a look at these other festive listings as well :
Follow us on Instagram as we explore family brunches around Dubai.
Enjoy the festive season with the family here in Dubai!
Mother Tongue Christmas Market at Green Room
Mother Tongue’s first Christmas Market is happening at Green Room in November! So many amazing brands will be joining in – plus the first 50 will get goodie bags and everyone will get the chance to win with Elli Junior.
- When : Friday 24th November 2023 | 9am-12:30pm
- Where : Green Room Dubai, Victory Heights
- Cost : Free Entry | 80 AED for a hot beverage, breakfast and pool access for the day
Reindeer Brownies and Gingerbread House Making at Jones the Grocer, Delta JBR
Jones the Grocer is having cooking workshops again this Christmas! Have a look at the various schedules on Jones the Grocer’s website. See below, for upcoming ones at Jones the Grocer at Delta Hotels by Marriott Jumeirah Beach.
- When : Reindeer Brownies – Saturday 25th Nov 2023 | Gingerbread House – Friday 1st Dec & Saturday 16th Dec
- Cost : 149 AED per child.
- Book here.
Gingerbread House Making at Organic Foods and Cafe (16 Nov Update : This is now fully booked)
Organic Foods and Cafe is doing their annual Gingerbread House Making event for kids. We went to the Cityland branch last year and it was super fun. This year they are doing it at all 4 branches across Dubai, details below.
- Details :
- Saturday 25th November 11am or 12pm | Cityland Branch
- Sunday 26th November 4pm | The Greens Branch
- Saturday 9th December 4pm or 5pm | Golden Mile Branch
- Sunday 10th December 11am or 12pm | Cityland Branch
- Cost : Free
- Book here.
Shopping at Organic Foods and Cafe Online? Use LILONE15 for EXTRA 15% OFF.
Winter Garden at Al Habtoor City
Winter Garden is back again in Al Habtoor City. For families, the little ones can play around in the kid’s play area presented by Extreme Excite, while the parents indulge in numerous food and drinks kiosks around the Winter Garden.
From December, the Winter Garden will be lit up with festive illuminations and décor for the UAE National Day Holiday and the lighting ceremony of a giant Christmas tree.
- When : 1st November 2023 – 31st January 2023 | 4pm-12am
- Where : In front of Habtoor Palace Dubai
- Cost : 25AED, Fully Redeemable in F&B
More details on AlHabtoorCity.com
Princess Afternoon Tea at Jumeirah Golf Estates
Take your little ones for a magical Princess Afternoon Tea event at Candy Floss! Expect lots of singing, dancing and games in store with your child’s favourite princesses. Eat like a queen with the choice of our hot menu that we can pre order before the event, and don’t forget our Pretty Princess pamper station.
- When : Sunday 26th November 2023 | 1-3pm
- Where : Candy Floss, Alandalus Mall, Jumeirah Golf Estates
- Cost : 200AED per child
- Call here.
- Email Enchanted Events here.
The Happening at the Harbour
Get ready for an exciting and vibrant winter market launching in the city, set against Dubai Harbour’s iconic vista, as the cruise season begins. Visit ‘The Happening at the Harbour’ between November-March at Dubai Harbour for a fun day out with your friends and family at the city’s extraordinary seafront district. Explore a range of walk-in retail outlets, kiosks and live events on ground.
More on happeningattheharbour.com
- When : 29th November 2023 – 28th March 2024 | Mon-Thurs 4pm-10pm & Fri-Sun 10am-10pm
- Where : Dubai Harbour (at the lawn area near the ‘beginning’ of the Harbour)
- Cost : Free Entry, Activities and F&B Chargeable
Carols in the Desert
Carols in the Desert is back again this year with open mic performances. Details on post below!
- When : 1st December 2023 | 5pm
- Where : Al Qudra
Winter World at IMG Worlds
Discover a magical holiday adventure at IMG World’s Winter World!
- When : 4th December 2023 – 7th January 2023
- Where : IMG Worlds of Adventure Dubai
- Cost : Discounted tickets from 345 AED
Winter Movie Nights at JBR
A staple in Dubai’s winter season – the 2023 edition of JBR Winter Nights is currently on from now, until 31th December. Expect a thrilling calendar of live performances, outdoor movie nights, immersive workshops and family entertainment. Christmas movies will be shown – to include Home Alone, The Grinch Stole Christmas, Jingle All the Way and Santa Claus!
- Cost : Free
Winter Wonderland at Ski Dubai
Ski Dubai is back again this year with the much-loved Winter Wonderland! Meet Santa and take a photo, or otherwise have breakfast with the jolly man himself.
- When : Friday 1st December – 25th December 2023
- Where : Ski Dubai, Mall of the Emirates
- Cost : Varies – See SkiDxb.com for the different packages available
Festive Fun Run at Ski Dubai
The second edition of Ski Dubai’s Festive Fun Run is happening. Featuring a 300-m and 1-km racecourse and a special appearance from Santa Claus himself, this family-friendly event invites all jolly joggers aged 5-70 will receive a commemorative medal at the finish and get a chance to win prizes, so make sure to come decked out in your fanciest festive attire! Please note adult supervision is required.
- When : Saturday 9th December 2023 | 8am
- Where : Ski Dubai
- Cost : Tickets start from 31.50 AED. Get them on premieronline.com. Registration closes on 6th December at 11:59 PM or sooner if places sell out.
Christmas at the Hills, at Dubai Hills Golf Club
Dubai Hills Golf Club is doing a festive Christmas Market this year. Enjoy live music, fun and laughs with Magic Phil, and welcome Santa as the children write their wishes and post in Santa’s postbox.
- When : Saturday 2nd December 2023 | 10am-6pm
- Where : Dubai Hills Golf Club
- Cost : Free Entry.
- Magic show with Magic Phil, Santa & Family Photo (Printed), Letters to Santa is Free.
- Other Activities are Chargeable.
Christmas at Town Square
Town Square’s annual Winter carnival is back again this year! There will be Santa & Elves, Roaming Entertainment & Parades, Tree Lighting Ceremony, Christmas Market, Children’s workshops, Instagramable photo opportunities and F&B at Curbside!
For current details, have a look at Town Square’s website here.
- Date : Every Friday! 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th December 2023 | 5pm – 8pm
- When : Park, Town Square Dubai
Christmas at Els Club Dubai
Make sure to bring the whole family to Els Club for a fun-filled event that includes Kids Activities, Food Stations, Live Music, Beverage Deals, Bouncy Castles, Christmas Tree Lighting & Festive Market.
- When : Saturday 9th December 2023 | 3pm – 11pm
- Where : The Els Club Dubai
- Cost : Free Entry. Specific Activities and F&B are chargeable.
Winter District at Jumeirah Emirates Towers
M2L Concepts, in collaboration with Jumeirah Emirates Towers, is set to transform the JET Plaza Terrace into a winter wonderland, right against the captivating backdrop of the Museum of the Future. There will be outdoor markets, festive activities and santa’s grotto! Enjoy live music, carolers, and enchanting performances. Keep the little ones entertained with fun-filled activities, including face painting, games, and arts and crafts.
- When : 14th December 2023 to 4th January 2024 | 2pm – 2am
- Where : Plaza Terrace, Jumeirah Emirates Towers
- Cost : Free Entry. Specific Activities and Events are chargeable.
More details on winterdistrict.com
Festive Bricktacular at Legoland Dubai
Festive Bricktacular is back at Legoland Dubai this year. Factory Street transforms into a winter wonderland with our giant, 10m tall DUPLO® Christmas Tree, mesmerizing snowfalls, and the Twinkle Toe Dance Show.
The brand-new LEGO Christmas Market brings together festive LEGO builds, arts & crafts, and market stalls with seasonal gifts and yummy festive treats. Don’t miss the Holly Jolly Dance Show and the chance to meet your favorite LEGOLAND characters! Build and decorate your own LEGO Gingerbread House. Hunt for the LEGO Candy Canes hidden around MINILAND and claim a reward!
- When : 14th December 2023 – 7th January 2024
- Cost : Discounted tickets from 295 AED
- Details : See Legoland’s website for more on Festive Bricktacular.
Dear Santa by Rod Campbell at Zabeel Theatre
What better way to celebrate Christmas than with Rod Campbell’s beloved festive story Dear Santa. From the author of the popular children’s book Dear Zoo, Dear Santa is the perfect Christmas treat for little ones. Packed with Christmas songs, laughter, and lots of audience participation, all the ingredients of Rod Campbell’s ingeniously charming style are brought to life on stage.
- When : 8th & 9th December 2023
- Where : Zabeel Theatre, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
- Cost : Tickets start from 150AED.
Magic Phil’s Cirque De Silly at Live at Theatre by QE2
Join the UAE’s Favourite Family Entertainer and Children’s TV star , as he finds himself helping clean up an old circus and discovering all the old props and circus tricks. Of course, as it’s Magic Phil, he wants to become THE STAR of his very own circus. With a juggle of jokes, a trapeze full of tricks, and a monkey that can rap, will Magic Phil become a circus star, or will it be a one-man circus full of ABSOLUTE CHAOS?
- When : 8th & 10th December 2023
- Where : Theatre by QE2
- Cost : Tickets start from 80AED.
Madinat Jumeirah Festive Market
The Madinat Jumeirah Festive Market on Madinat Jumeirah Fort Island is spread across 1750 sqm of immersive family activities including a North Pole Train, a four-lane bungee and a Venetian carousel. Children will also have the chance to take Abra rides with Santa and decorate their own gingerbread house. Delicious festive food and drinks will be available while a live band plays seasonal favourites.
- When : Friday 15th December – Sunday 7th January 2024 | Mon – Thurs 3pm – Late | Fri – Sun 12pm – Late
- Where : Souk Madinat Jumeirah
- Cost : Free Entry. Activities are chargeable.
Winter City at Expo City
The much beloved Winter City is back in Expo City again this year. We went a few times last Christmas and it was so beautiful – especially by the Al Wasl Dome. Definitely one to go with the little ones!
- When : Friday 15th December – Sunday 7th January 2024 | 3pm-11pm
- Where : Expo City Dubai
- Cost : Tickets start from 20 AED
Rockin’ Back in Time : Xmas Edition
‘Rockin’ Back in Time: Xmas Edition’ is a family-friendly show that will be on stage at the InterContinental Hotel, Festival City. This extraordinary holiday extravaganza masterfully weaves together Christmas through the decades, bringing us timeless festive songs – songs that have left their mark on all of our hearts with the cozy warmth and familiarity of the “Most Wonderful Time of the Year!”
- When : Friday 15th December, Tuesday 19th December, Thursday 21st December and Tuesday 26th December.
- Where : Al Baraha Ballroom, Intercontinental HotelDubai Festival City
- Cost : Tickets start from 120 AED.
Peter Pan – Live at Theatre by QE2
Peter Pan – Live On Stage! will recreate the magic of this family favorite combining the talents of experienced live actors with a breath-taking musical score and state of the art LED backwall creating spectacular scenic backdrops! Also incorporating colorful costumes, dazzling choreography and seamless flying sequences to produce the ultimate in live entertainment, you’ll believe a boy can fly!!
- When : 15th December 2023 to 26th December 2023
- Where : Theatre by QE2
- Cost : Tickets start from 75 AED.
Beauty and the Beast – Live in Dubai at Fairmont the Palm
The fabulously festive Christmas wonderland that is Fairmont the Palm once again hosts the Dubai Panto team for the ultimate beast of a fun family pantomime this December!
- When : 14th December 2023 to 26th December 2023
- Where : Fairmont the Palm
- Cost : Tickets start from 75 AED.
The Great Christmas Adventure at Intercontinental Hotel Festival City
“The Great Christmas Adventure” is a family-friendly production that will grace the stage at the InterContinental Hotel, Festival City. It’s the ideal way to celebrate the holiday season with loved ones, creating cherished memories that will linger long after the final curtain call.
- When : Saturday 16th December 2023 to Thursday 27th December 2023 | 2pm & 5pm.
- Where : Al Baraha Ballroom, Intercontinental Hotel,Dubai Festival City
- Cost : Tickets start from 80 AED.
Festive Feastival at Jumeirah Golf Estates
This festive season you can treat your pup to a visit with Santa Paws as a dog-friendly Christmas festival will take place at Jumeirah Golf Estates. Stroll through the mini Christmas market, where you can fetch goodies for your pet and yourself. Step inside Santa’s Grotto and experience the magic of Christmas with your family. Don’t worry mums, there will also be a soft play area to keep toddlers entertained !
- When : Saturday 16th December 2023
- Where : Jumeirah Golf Estate
- Cost : Free Entry (activities chargeable)
Christmas Cracker with the Irish Village
Get into the holiday spirit with a spectacular performance of your beloved Christmas classics, brought to life by an incredible 18-piece band. Enjoy the timeless melodies and create unforgettable memories this holiday season!
- When : Sunday 17th December 2023
- Where : Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium
- Cost : 100 AED for Adults, Free for Children under 16 (2 kids per adult)
Carols by Candlelight at Expo City Dubai
Carols by Candlelight is back in Expo again this year. We didn’t get tickets last year as we were too late, but managed to watch it from outside and boy was it a beautiful show. The entire Al Wasl Dome was lit up with Christmas lights – absolutely magical. Definitely one to book soon before it sells out!
- When : 20th – 24th December 2023
- Where : Al Wasl Dome, Expo City Dubai
- Cost : Prices start from 75 AED.
Have you booked a Christmas Brunch? Have a look at our Family Christmas Brunches in Dubai Listing!
More to come. Watch this Space!