With FIFA World Cup going from the 20th of November till 18th of December in Qatar, a lot of families here in Dubai will be looking to take their little ones out to a restaurant or bar to watch the game. Wouldn’t it be nice watch football with the family, have a drink or two, and let the kids experience World Cup together in a comfortable family-friendly setting?
The following are a few restaurants, bars and fanzones that are showing the World Cup, that are generally family-friendly – in and around out neighbourhood here in the Dubai Marina and surroundings. Enjoy
There are four areas in Phileas that is showing the game.
Families should be familiar with the outdoor terrace area – which has the shaded playground. Phileas is only showing the England games in the terrace – which are currently at 11pm (and your kids better be in bed then hahaha…), however all other games will be shown in the indoor pub, the arena and a VIP terrace area by Cleavers.
- Price : Minimum spend on F&B required depending on table type and area.
- Details :
- The VVIP booths in the Arena and the VIP area by Cleavers are adults only. Kids are allowed with parents in all other areas.
- Check Phileas’ website for details.
- Call Phileas here.
Fanzone by McGettigans
McGettigans have turned Dubai Media Amphitheater into a massive fanzone for the World Cup – with a giant 4K screen and bean bags on the ground up front.
There is also a Winterfest by McGettigans right next to it with lots for kids to do – snowpark, giant bouncy castle with slides, slime station and more (ave 40AED per activity per child). There are food stalls and yes, it is fully licensed. A fun spot to spend the day with the family, with lots to check out and do before, in between and after a game.
- Price : Entry is 50aed, fully redeemable in F&B
- Details :
- Kids allowed before 8pm, after which it becomes 21+ only.
- Check Fanzone by McGettigans’ website or Instagram page for details.
- Check Winterfest by McGettigans’ website or Instagram page for details.
Claw BBQ – The Pavilion JBR
Claw BBQ in The Pavilion JBR will be showing all games on 40 of their screens located throughout their bar – indoors and outdoors. The venue is family-friendly, with lots of arcade machines throughout the venue should the little ones get restless and choose to play some games. The JBR playground is also further out in front – and parents can go in and out there before, in between and after the game.
- Price : 150AED minimum spend on F&B, payable on arrival. A voucher is issued and this gives guests the full value redemption against their food or beverage purchase.
- Details :
- Kids and anyone under 21 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and accommodated within the non-smoking or outdoor areas.
- There are special offers throughout the tournament including bottles of hops from 28AED and food platters.
- Check Claw BBQ’s Instagram page for details.
- Call Claw BBQ The Pavilion here.
The Scene in JBR will be showing all games live on their screens. There is a little play corner should you decide to bring your toddlers – suitable for say 3 and under. The venue is generally family-friendly – a regular favourite for all the marina and JBR neighbourhood folks (like us!)
- Price : 100AED minimum spend on F&B.
- Details : Check The Scene’s Instagram page for details.
- Call The Scene here.
JBR Football Village at Doubletree by Hilton JBR
Doubletree by Hilton have installed an additional giant screen by the pool for the World Cup Season (two screens, total). The venue is outdoors by their pool and is family-friendly, with lots of space for little ones to run around as they wish. Families can also opt for a pool pass and spend time in the pool – there is a shallow shaded toddler pool by the main pool. Not to forget the beach right in front!
- Price : Minimum spend on F&B applies depending on seating area, from 100 AED, 150 AED to 200 AED per adult.
- Details :
- Outdoor food stalls with burgers, nachos, bbq etc.
- Kids from 6-12 year old pay 50% of the entrance fee, redeemable on F&B. Kids below 6 are free.
- Check TimeOut’s article here for details.
- Call Doubletree by Hilton here.
Reform Social & Grill
The Lakes’ local pub – Reform Social & Grill is showing all games live. Kids welcomed, and they can head off to the playground or the large lawn to run around. Games will be shown indoors and outdoors with the primary focus on the ‘World of Sport Lawn’. Games will be shown on giant LED and projector screens. There is a live BBQ station and family zone for children to enjoy the games with their families.
- Price : BBQ platter package mandatory for the England game (see below). For all other games – 100aed minimum spend, prepayment.
- Details :
- Kids welcome at all times.
- Check Reform’s Instagram Page below for details.
- Call Reform here.
A few more that have crossed my radar, but I haven’t found time to do a standalone detailed blurp on it.
- Hilton Jumeirah Beach Resort – they have a few big screens set up outdoors by Wavebreakers
- Monty’s at Address Montgomerie – Screens indoors and outdoors show the game. There is also a playground around there the little ones can play in.
- Shades at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort – Big screen outdoors. Sit outside at the terrace. Kids can run around outside on their massive lawn up front.
- Al Hadiqa & Black Goose at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort – These are side by side. There’s also Sheraton’s playground further out if the kids get restless.
Listing will be updated……..watch this space. Please get in touch if you would like your venue to be included.
One thought on “Where to watch World Cup with kids in Dubai – FIFA 2022”