Are you staying in Dubai again, for Chinese New Year, this year?
With restrictions fully eased in Dubai, there will hopefully be lots of events, activities and dining offers for families to mark the start of Chinese New Year. This year, Chinese New Years starts on Sunday 22nd of January.
To help the many Chinese families that live in Dubai – whether you are from China, of Chinese origin, or would like to join in to the festivities : here’s a listing of anything that have come across my radar – where kids are welcomed.
Please check back as we will keep adding to the list!
Gong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Kuai Le from my family to yours.
Chinese New Year @ Ibn Battuta Mall
- When : 20-29th January 2023 | 2-10 pm
- What : At China Court, Children can attend workshops for Chinese Zodiac Origami or Chinese wire art. On the weekends, fighter dance performances and an enthralling Chinese Parade will leave you spellbound. Full schedule on Nakheel’s website here.
Chinese New Year @ JLT Park
Register on JLT’s Website
- When : Sunday 22nd January 2023 | 4-8pm
- What : Join us for celebrations at the JLT Park on 22 January from 4-8pm and enjoy a host of special festivities including traditional dances, fun games, lantern-making stations and more. Plus, we’ll be screening a traditional Chinese film at the park!
Chinese New Year @ Expo City
- When : Saturday 14th-28th January 2023 4:00pm
- What : Marking the start of celebrations for Chinese New Year 2023, the “Happy Chinese New Year” Grand Parade at 4pm on 14 January promises to be the biggest Grand Parade outside of China, featuring around 60 parade group formations, more than 20 parade floats and 2,500 participants. The carnival-style event will continue until 28 January and include kiosks and Chinese cuisine as well as entertainment, street dance, games and a cultural area.
Chinese New Year @ IMG World of Adventures
- When : 16th January – 31st January 2023
- What’s happening : Visit IMG Worlds and light up your Lunar Year with limitless performances and entertainment from The Orient. Bring your family and friends and enjoy the Rhythmic Ribbons; check out the Oriental Village and the Fiery Dragon. Don’t miss out on the special dances from the Far East.
Book tickets to IMG World of Adventures here.
Chinese New Year @ Legoland Dubai
- When : 20th January – 29th January 2023
- What’s happening : LEGOLAND Dubai is celebrating ‘Year of the Rabbit’ with lots of activities for the little ones, to include :
- LEGODragon Hunt in MINILAND
- Chinese Wishing Wall and Chinese New Year Mosaic Build- at FACTORY Street Fun Zone
- Daily Factory Street Parade
- Rabbit Cookie Decorating
- Limited-time Chinese New Year snacks and treats at Market Restaurant and The Café
Chinese New Year @ Emaar Communities
- Downtown Dubai – Saturday 21st January 2023 5-8pm – Lawn in front of South ridge, Downtown Dubai
- Dubai Creek Harbour – Saturday 28th January 2023 5-8pm – Central Park, Dubai Creek Harbour
Chinese New Year @ Dragonmart
Details on Instagram post below.
Chinese New Year @ Aventura Parks
- When : 22nd January 2023 | 10am – 8pm
- What’s happening : Guests will be treated to a beautiful park lit up in red with traditional paper lanterns and themed decorations across the Ghaf tree forest. Children can enjoy and get creative at the arts & crafts station and interact with bunnies during this auspicious occasion. Families can also enjoy surfing through trees, rope climbing and ziplining across a range of adventure circuits. The decorations will stay lit in the park for 15 days after the ceremony, giving the community ample time to enjoy picturesque views whilst having fun in nature.
Book tickets to Aventura Parks here.