Are you in Dubai again for Chinese New Year this year? Another year of not going home isn’t it. Hopefully next year?
As the date comes closer, I started to google to see what’s out there to do, and where to eat with the little ones this year. Most of the ones featured are the heavyweights in the Chinese fine dining scene. Unfortunately, little people are either not allowed, or just don’t really fit there. Well, not mine anyways 😉
Thanks to targeted advertisements on socials, and further research – we picked up a few other restaurants and places which are also doing something for Chinese New Year, with earlier starting times as well.
So here you go, my little list, which will hopefully come into handy for you as we ring in the Year of the Tiger.
Till then, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family from ours. Xin Nian Kuai Le, Shen Ti Jian Kang.... and if you are also stuck in Dubai again for another year, let's all hope we can go home next Chinese New Year ;)
Have a browse through What’s On, and Time Out for their listing as well on what’s going on in Hakkasan, Lao, Saffron, Shanghai Me, Hutong, Shi, Maiden Shanghai, Buddha Bar, Chuan, Long Yin and Alif Cafe.
Chinese New Year @ JLT Park
- When : Sunday 30th January 3-5pm
- What : Lion and Dragon show, traditional dances and more
CNY Celebrations @ IMG World of Adventures
- When : 17th January – 10th February
- What’s happening : Ancient Chinese village and street market, roaming dragon, umbrella dancers, folk story shows, a coin quest, and more.
CNY @ Legoland Dubai
- When : 28 January to 13 February
- Offer : Lego Mosaic Build, Tiger cookie decorating, Chinese delicacies and more
CNY @ Ibn Battuta Mall, Dragon Mart and The Pointe
- When : 30 January to 12 February
- Offer : Fireworks, Live Performances and Fountain Shows
- Ibn Battuta Mall (30 Jan – 12 Feb) Live entertainment consisting of the Lion and Umbrella dance performance at the China court every two hours starting from 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Dragon Mart (1 Feb – 7 Feb) – Chinese Drummers, Dragon Dance, Lion Dance, Fan Dancers and Ribbon Dance shows every hour from 6 pm to 10 pm. Take part in the Wish Tree activity where visitors can hang their wish-product from Dragonmart.ae and stand a chance to win the product.
- The Pointe (30 Jan) Newly launched fountain show, Xi Qi Yang Yang by The Wynners playing from sunset to midnight, and a spectacular firework show at 9 pm.
CNY @ Bluewaters Dubai
- When : 1st – 6th February
- Offer : Dragon and Lion Dance shows
CNY Dinner @ The Peacock, Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- When : Monday 31st Jan – Saturday 5th Feb, from 6pm
- Offer : 4-course Set Menu, 268 AED for 2 adults
CNY Dinner @ Hong Loong, Sofitel Dubai the Palm
- When : 27 January until 3 February 2022, from 6:30pm – 11pm.
- Offer : 3-course dinner, 350 AED for two adults including unlimited non-alcoholic drinks.
- Save 20% if you book online
CNY Malaysian Night at My Square Restaurant @ DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai – Business Bay
- When : Friday 28th January, from 7:00 pm
- Offer : Soft drinks package – 129 AED | Alcoholic drinks package – 219 AED | Kids 7-12 64.50 AED
- Menu –
CNY Ladies Night @ Zengo, Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- When : 1 st February 2022, from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Offer : 2-course dinner from the special Chinese New Year menu, 3 drinks, and fortune cookies for 120 AED (Ladies)
Included this one as it is such a good offer. You could leave the little ones at home for this? 😉
CNY Dinner @ Kitchen 6, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
- When : 1 st February 2022, from 6:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Offer : 215 AED per person with soft drinks : International buffet that features an extended selection of Chinese festive dishes such as traditional Yee Sang and rice cakes
The following are their normal theme nights – not a specific CNY dinner. Still good options.
Asian Theme Night @ Mezzerie, Waldorf the Palm
- When : Every Mondays, so for this specific week it will be 31st Jan (Night before CNY) 6:30pm – 10:30pm
- Price : 205 AED per adult, 100 AED per child (6 to 11 years old) , Under 6s complimentary. Drinks will be as per consumption.
- Offer : 2 for 1 in the Entertainer
Pho Real @ Sui Mui, Westin Mina Seyahi
- When : Every Sunday from 06 PM – 10 PM, so for CNY week it will be 30th Jan
- Price : 169 AED – food only | 225 AED – with unlimited selected drinks
Street Food Night @ Sui Mui, Westin Mina Seyahi
- When : Every Thursday from 06:30 PM – 10:30 PM, so for CNY week it will be 3rd Feb ( CNY Day 3 )
- Price – 149 AED – soft beverage | 249 AED – house beverage
More to be added – please come back!