With the toddlers growing up, it also means the extra little expense as they want to “drink coffee” like mummy. I don’t like paying for frothy milk with chocolate sprinkles on top. After many breakfast and coffee dates with the little ones, here’s my personal round up of where I like to bring the toddlers for babycinos – where it’s complimentary, of course 😉
The Scene by Simon Rimmer
(2021 Update : Please note that babycino is no longer complimentary in The Scene)
- What’s the deal? Between 10-12pm everyday, order any breakfast main for yourself and your toddler eats free from the menu, plus you get free-flow coffee and tea. Complimentary babycinos for the little ones, woohoo. Click here for their breakfast menu.
- Does it have a play area? There’s a small enclosed area for kids suitable for – I would say 3 and under. Plus it occupies one floor of Pier 7 so you know your little one is not going to be able to disappear (unless they get pass the guys at the reception and goes into the lift!) The terrace is also now open for the winter months which is fab.
- Why I like it? Well, other than the obvious bits above, you get complimentary valet. It’s a very quick stroll into the air-conditioned building that takes you to the bridge towards Pier 7.
- What do I usually order? Either the Little English Breakfast or the Veggie English which give you the full works for 65aed. Then my girl gets her pancakes. I get my ice latte. She gets her babycino. Sometimes two. And all for 65aed.
Walnut Grove @ Dubai Mall
- What’s the deal? Everytime we go here it’s for lunch and we’ll use the Entertainer – 241 for mains. Full review of our Walnut Grove visit – click here. A regular cafe latte is 19aed. Babycino, complimenary!
- Does it have a play area? Technically no. But it’s in Dubai Mall next to the waterfall and lots of space so they can roam around after lunch. Just not during…
- Why I like it? The full review covers it in detail, but it’s always the best way to get the girls to leave somewhere and go there for lunch. The usual line is “Do you want babycino with marshmallow and lots and lots of sprinkles?” “Yes!” “Let’s go!” It’s probably the ‘prettiest’ babycino presentation of all the places we’ve been.
Bounty Beets @ Le Meridien Mina Seyahi
- What’s the deal? I’ve been here so many times over the years – back when it was Gourmet by Kcal (click here) and numerous times when they changed over to the very pink and pretty Bounty Beets. It’s in the Entertainer for mains and they also have a breakfast buffet (which we have not done) in the weekends. I normally take the middle one here for a coffee date. Mind you their drinks are on the higher end – a latte is 28aed and I use my Privilee discount for a 25% discount. Babycino, complimentary!
- Does it have a play area? Technically no, but all tables have a notebook and colour pencils which keeps them busy for awhile. And if you pick a spot in their garden, the kids can run around on the grass, chase birds, and the random cats that roam around the Mina Seyahi grounds.
- Why I like it ? The indoor space is SO pink and pretty. What’s that word they use a lot nowadays? Instagrammable! And if the weather is nice, it’s really pleasant to sit outdoors. You can lay a mat on the grass and the babies can roll around too.
So there you go – our regular spots for babycino with the little ones. We used to go to the local MnS Cafe on Marina Walk as well but they charge 5aed I believe. Mind you, a coffee and a pastry is only 15aed which is so reasonable. I’m sure there’s so many other places that does it – I’ll keep updating this post as I go – one babycino at a time
Note : Non-sponsored. Just exploring different coffee-shops with the little ones and finding ones we like!