Whilst most families have made the grand exodus back to their home country, or just somewhere else to escape the heat, there are a lot of families that are still hanging around in Dubai this summer.
There are a lot amazing listings that have been made for Dubai, so here’s one focused on activities for families with kids in and around Dubai Marina this summer.
Follow us on Instagram as we spend Summer here in Dubai with kids
Dubai Summer Surprises – Activities in Malls
Dubai Marina Mall
- Timing : 1st July to 6th August
- Location : Under Dome Atrium
- Details : Spend 250 AED, bring your receipts (max 2, accumulated) to the Summer Garden at Dome atrium and you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of immersive games and activities, including pie face showdown, the grand hot air balloon, the digital duck hunt game, and many more events. More details on website.
- Timing : 7th August to 4th September
- Location : Under Dome Atrium
- Details : Spend 250 AED, bring your receipts to participate in science-themed workshops, shows and more.
Ibn Battuta Mall
- Timing : 21st July to 4th Sep
- Details : Spend 200aed (all stores valid except for supermarkets, government services and banks) and show receipts to access workshop areas, activities and meet and greet.
Festival Plaza Mall
- Timing : 1st July to 31st July
- Details : Puppy pilates ( 100 AED donation to K9 friends ), Pet adoption Day, Petting Zoo ( Spend 20 AED and use receipt as entry), and Market Place. More details on website.
Timing : 1st August to 28th August
Details : Spend 20AED to gain entry to the Summer Camp Workshops – every Saturday and Sundays 10am-6pm. Includes DIY Solar System Making, Magnetic Painting, Bath Bomb, DIY Slime Making etc. Full schedule on website here.
Mall of the Emirates
- Timing : 9th – 17th July 2022 12-8pm
- Details : Spend 300 AED and show the receipt (accumulative is okay) – this allows 2 kids to participate in the activities. There’s T-shirt designing, face painting, disco ball making and more
technically 13 minutes from our place in the Marina, so just about made it to the list 🙂
- Timing : 9th to 12th July 2022
- Details : Enchanting entertainment, arts & crafts, circus madness, magical shows, and more. More details on website
15 mins from home
- Timing : 02 – 31 July, Every Saturday and Sunday from 2pm
- Details : Buy a ticket for 10 AED or spend 100AED to get a free ticket (this allows entry for 1 adult and 1 child) to the Petting Zoo
Dubai Hills Mall
18 mins from home
- Location : Summer Garden at Grand Atrium
- Timing : 1st July – 6th August 2022
- Details : Petting zoo, kids workshops, digi game, insta-moments and more. Spend 250 AED and show your receipts to enter and enjoy immersive experiences. More details on website
- Location : Grand Atrium
- Timing : 7th August – 4th September 2022
- Details : Back to School themed immersive experiences, science-fun workshops and chemistry magic shows. Mind-blowing science shows, as well as ‘mad-scientist-ical’ workshops such as Soap making, Solar oven, Kaleidoscope, Slime and much more. Spend 250 AED and show your receipts to enter. Link to workshop schedule.
23 mins from home, so no where near at all but I absolutely love their shows so will include them here 😀
- Timing : 1st July – 25th August 2022
- Details : Enjoy incredible circus entertainment, kids shows and workshops, and roaming performances. More details on website
- Timing : 25th August – 4th September 2022
- Details : Explore the wonders of science and be part of creative workshops filled with fun scientific experiments, artistic arts and crafts, bubble bar making and more. Details on website
Kids Activities in Restaurants
Little Masterchef Cooking Class
- Location : Mango Tree Thai Bistro, Hilton JBR
- When : Every Sunday 3-6pm, 69AED per child (6-12 Years Old) – until 31st August 2022
Kids Pizza Classes
- Location : Carluccio’s, Dubai Marina Mall ( also available in other Carluccio branches )
- When : 13th July, 4pm
Kids Activities at Riva Beach Club
- Location : Riva Beach Club
- When : Every Friday to Sunday from 4-6pm
Restaurants with Indoor Play Areas
Lucky for us – most of the Restaurant with Indoor Play Areas are in and around Dubai Marina, Bluewaters and the Palm!
- Baker’s Kitchen
- The Scene
- Masha the Bear, The Beach JBR
- Mango Tree Thai Bistro, JBR
- Mondoux, The Beach JBR – 20% off – Details here.
- Schoko Fabrik, Bluewaters
- Cafe Confetti, JLT
- Phileas Foggs, Emirates Hills
- Wavehouse, Atlantis.
For details on location, timing and offers - Have a look at the Ultimate list of Restaurant with Indoor Play Areas in Dubai.
Family Brunches with Entertainment for Kids
Have a look at the Ultimate list of Family Brunches in Dubai.
There are many in this area – and the entertainment is also indoors which is fabulous for the summer season.
Hotel Pool & Beach
Have a look at the Hotel Pool & Beach Listing for day pass prices.
If you are here for the next 3 months – consider signing up to Privilee. It costs 1699 AED for one adult and up to 3 kids to use hotel resorts, kids clubs, gyms and lots more. It works out to be 144 AED a week for the Summer Offer.
Alternatively, you can also get in touch with a Privilee member to get a Guest Pass. This costs 269 AED for 5 consecutive weekdays excluding public holidays and will include 1 adult and up to 3 kids..
Indoor Play Areas
An ultimate list of Indoor Experiences in Dubai has prepared been by Brand Dubai – this gives every play area, indoor entertainment venue in all malls as well as standalone venues in the Emirates – have a look at the Indoor Experiences in Dubai list here.
Further to that, we have put together a little list of some Indoor Play Areas in and around Dubai Marina, with offers :
- Kids HQ
- Digit, Springs Souk – 80 AED for 2 hours, for 2 kids with Entertainer. Liloneoftheashes.com ©
- Playtorium, Meadows Village – 56 AED for 1 hour, 84 AED for 2 hours (Weekdays) with Kidzapp.
- Skyzone, Ibn Battuta Mall – 99 aed for 1 hour, for 2 kids (or for 2 hours for 1 kid) with Entertainer.
- Trampo Extreme, Nakheel Mall – 120 AED for 60 mins Jump&Play, for 2 kids with Entertainer.
- Cheeky Monkeys, The Pointe or JBR -60 AED for 2 hours (Mon-Thurs) with Kidzapp.
- Adventure Zone, Galleria Mall Al Barsha – 99 AED for 1 hour, for 2 kids with Entertainer.
One to recommend – 80 AED for 1 hour workshop with Lex and Fox in Woohoo, and 1 hour playtime before or after the workshop. What an awesome deal!
Meet other parents
If you are new to Dubai, or keen to meet other parents over the summer, pop over to ‘The Mum Folk‘ to see all the events that they have planned. They typically organise gatherings in various restaurants or play areas in Dubai.
Follow them here :
Note : Listing will be updated as more information is found.