We’ve done the Waldorf a couple of times now. We like it because of the few times that we’ve been – it’s never really too packed. With summer properly here, it’s even quieter – yay for us 🙂 I mean really, not many people are
crazy enough keen to be out in the water when the weather is topping 40 degrees, isn’t it?
Few points to share, for those planning to do a Waldorf day :
- (Very) small shaded kid’s pool available, next to main pool. Water is cool, which is actually quite nice in this weather. Suitable for kid’s 3 and under I would say … (see photo above)
- As the main pool is not shaded, the water is much warmer (it being under the sun all day). There are large shallow areas where toddlers could pit potter around, however no shade for most of the afternoon.
- Bathrooms with showers are right next to the pools which is superb. They also have an outdoor shower right next to the kid’s pool.
- Lots of crows and birds always on the lookout to food – the kids might find it entertaining. However, keep an eye on your belongings. Husband’s sunnies just got nicked today. If you spot a crow at the Waldorf with a pair of Lacoste’s, please get in touch with me.
Coco Kid’s Club
- Two hours free with Privilee. You can leave your 3-year old here (and above). For those below 3, you or your nanny will need be there to supervise.
- Spacious, different areas for different age groups – arts and craft, ball pit, kitchen, books, lots of toys, playstation/tv room.
- Ask the lady nicely and she can fill up the baby bottles for you (they have a water dispenser in the pantry).
- Short walk to the pool area which is always nice. Note : The ‘adults-only’ pool is the closest pool to the Kid’s Club. Also note : Floor is burning right now, make sure the kids have their non-slip socks/sandals on!
Shout out to the lovely Pushpa who was very accommodating and helpful 🙂
- The restaurant right by the pool – that’s Palm Avenue. It’s not in the Entertainer, but you do get 20% off with Privilee. We dined here during Christmas, the quesadilla was unimpressive. Still very nice to have an ice cold beer and take 50 photos, and choose one for instagram though 🙂
- Done the high tea at Peacock Alley before – AED248 for two with the Entertainer. It’s a huge spread, I recommend you do two sets amongst 4 people as we ended up taking home half of it when we ordered 4! I note they have a summer deal now for 80AED per person which is great.
- Mezzerie for dinner buffet is great – love the layout as they have large circular couches so you can kind of ‘hide’ the naughty kids away hehe. Starts early, at 6:30pm. 190AED for two with Entertainer, food only (Bring your own water). Went on a Monday when it was ‘Around the world’. Would definitely come back again 🙂 Their beef tacos, and spaghetti bolognaise was a huge hit. Blueberry ice cream as well. Unfortunately no buffets on Saturday lunch, only ala carte.
- Save Social by Heinz Beck for a date night. Really.
Would we return? Kinda obvious from the post that we’ve been to the Waldorf with Privilee a couple of times now and would still return. The Kid’s Club access is great to escape the heat 😉
PS – Main photo was taken Christmas 2018, which explains the Christmas hat on my toddler and the cardigan!! Certainly not cardigan weather right now…..
Note : This is not a sponsored post. I paid 1499AED, based on the Summer Deal with Privilee (great deal!) Hopefully I’ll see you around in the next three months? 🙂