Half watching a random episode of Gossip Girl, half having dinner, and half blogging, hehe. Okay don’t be pc and correct me, it should be one third -.-
So 3 days ago we decided to try out another afternoon tea, so out came the Ent app. Other than Kambaa, Al Bayt was in it as well, yippee doo day. As with its sister hotel, the Traditional Afternoon Tea was 130AED (which means for 2!), and since The Palace is under The Address Hotels & Resorts as well, I figured – it gotta be just the same and just as good 🙂
Here’s a few snapshots of the gorgeous setting, just a few minutes walk from The Dubai Mall 🙂
The sandwiches, the scones were delicious 🙂 The deserts were just so-so I’ll say, but I was too stuffed anyways. Now, I can say that C and I had a great time catching up in the extravagant hotel, comfy couches and lovely food, but………
it could have been a little better 😉
Here’s just a few heads up before you go, so you don’t get disappointed and know exactly what you’ll get and if not for the following, I’m sure you’ll have a fab time, esp with the Entertainer voucher 🙂
– Unlike Kambaa’s afternoon tea, a selection of tea or coffee literally means that. If you chose green tea, you can only have green tea for the next 4 hours. You cannot switch to english breakfast, or the various other selections, or any choice of coffee. One of the highlights of our afternoon tea at Kambaa was actually having the option to try all these exotic teas ay.
– Unlike Kambaa’s afternoon tea, water is not included. If you ask for water, they would serve you Evian and it’ll cost you 20AED per bottle. I was disappointed that the staff did not mention that it was not included at all, or asked if we wanted local water. I did highlight this to her at the end, and I do appreciate that at least when we asked for coffee you told us ‘that would be extra charge’ – thought it would have been great if we were told in advance that Evian was an extra as well 🙂
– I was pretty unlucky with making a reservation, as I had emailed them on Tuesday, and then again on Wednesday without getting a response. I then called them on Thursday to asked if they had received my email and the lady had said they’ve been really busy so I just went ahead to book it through the phone. When we arrived at 2pm, my reservation was not to be found 🙁 Luckily, it wasn’t too busy, so we got a great spot on the couches anyways 🙂 Suggest you call and confirm before you go there, I’m not sure if their email system works.
Now, putting the above aside, service was good in the sense that they were pretty attentive to make sure we always had tea, and that we were alright 🙂 It could’ve been a star evening if not for the mild glitches above, but hey – least it didn’t cost a bomb with the Entertainer vouchers ay. It just annoys me when little things like this happen ay, especially in these nice hotels.
With the above in mind, go ahead and try out the Afternoon Tea with the girls – it’s a gorgeous place and for 65AED per person it’s well worth it if you want a classy afternoon that doesn’t involve getting thrashed. Walk away the food with shopping at The Dubai Mall after!
- Traditional Afternoon Tea at Al Bayt
AED 130 per person2015 price update AED 145 per person (or for two, with the Entertainer Dubai vouchers) – Please check The Palace website for any further updates
- Time: Daily 2 pm to 6 pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: T: +971 4 428 7888
*2021 Update : Please check website to see latest pricing for Al Bayt Afternoon Tea.