Mezzerie has finally relaunched their Saturday brunch, after a very long hiatus. Surf and Turf brunch it’s called – and guess what, kids under the age of 10 eat free, with complimentary access to Coco’s Kids Club. We went over one Saturday to review the brunch with the little people – all excited to see what they had to offer.
Here’s how the brunch is like, and what to expect.
Mezzerie is Waldorf’s all-day dining, situated on the lower ground level, i.e pool and beach level. A restaurant we have been countless times for breakfast, as well as dinner – especially when we are spending the day there with Privilee.
There’s lots of couch areas if you choose to sit indoors, as well as outdoor seating if that’s what you prefer. After all, that’s where the bouncy castle is 😉
Did you say Bouncy Castle?
On the lawn right out front, there’s a bouncy castle for the little people to jump to their heart and feet’s content. As we were there early March it was quite warm at 2pm in the afternoon, so we opted to sit indoors. If the weather is cool, choose a seat outside so you can watch the little people 😉
Let’s talk about the food. I hear it’s “premium”cuisine?
Yes. If you are familiar with Mezzerie – what they’ve done is added lots of carts within the indoor space so they can fit in all the additional food.
We’re talking charcoal grilled tomahawk, beef tenderloin, duck and lamb chops. There’s also the grilled section with live lobsters, tiger prawns, salmon, sea bass and kingfish fillet. You’ll find a cart of poached seafood on ice – fine de claire oysters with lemon and tobasco, king crab, lobster claws, Hokkaido scallops and lots more.
Sounds pretty high end right?
Tell me more.
Let’s not forget the sushi and sashimi station.
And for those who like your pork – there’s charcuterie and roast pork – yummmm! Even a cart for buffalo mozarella and burrata, where the staff lets you pick and slices it in front of you while he prepares your salad.
What about the kids? Do they have the usual goodies for them?
Well if your kid is like mine and is not so into all this good stuff – don’t worry – there’s fries, chicken nuggets, steamed rice and veges – all the good basics that the little people like.
Is there any music and entertainment?
There was a band while we were there – one on sax, vocals and guitar to keep the vibe going.
There isn’t any other kids entertainment in the brunch itself – however, you can drop off your little ones to Coco’s Kids Club for free – which is literally a few steps away from the restaurant. The minimum age is 4, and Josh and his team will keep them entertained in there while you relax and enjoy the afternoon with your other half, friends, and possibly the younger ones. A good one to do with friends who are not Privilee members as that means they get kid’s club access as well.
What’s the price like?
450aed for the soft beverage package, and 600aed for the house beverage package which does includes all cocktails and sparkling wine. 150aed for children aged 10-15 years old and Children below age 10 eats for free.
Isn’t that a bit steep?
You may think so – when you first see the numbers, and when you compare it to the other ‘Family brunches in Dubai‘.
But take note of the following :
- It’s premium cuisine we are talking about here.
- Secondly, kids under 10 eat for free – so if you have 2 kids ages 6 and 8 for example, you don’t have to pay for them – whereas in most other family brunches – you will have to pay at least 50% of the non-alcoholic package price, which is typically 100-150 AED. As you know – some family brunches start charging 4 year olds.
- Thirdly, sparkling wine and cocktails are included in this package, there’s no ‘separate pricing’ for this – which most brunches have.
- Lastly – you can actually drop off the little people (ages 4-12) to Coco’s Kids Club so you potentially have time to be completely child-free for some part of the afternoon 😉 You don’t even have to ‘keep an eye’ on them – and actually look at your partner when you talk to them 😉
Do the Surf &Turf brunch in the Waldorf, if you would like to have some proper premium food for brunch. It’s not like some of the ‘usual’ family brunches with tons of entertainment in the brunch itself, which can get quite manic. It’s more of a high-end brunch that is family-friendly – one where you can dine together, and then drop the older ones in the kid’s club after so you can enjoy the rest of the afternoon with the grown ups.
Oh – did I mention you get 25% off with Entertainer? And currently there are vouchers in Privilee where you can pay 450AED for 2 adults (non-alcoholic), or 30% off the alcoholic package – which brings it to 420AED. Not bad right?
- Surf & Turf Brunch @ Mezzerie
- Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah
- Every Saturday, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- AED 450 with soft beverages
- AED 600 with house beverages and sparkling grape
- AED 150 for children aged 10-15 years
- Children below 10 eat for free
- Children aged 4 to 12 receive complimentary access to Coco’s Kids Club
- Offers :
- Entertainer – 25% off
- Privilee – 450 AED for 2 (non-alc), 420 AED (alc)
Have a browse through this list for other family-friendly brunches in Dubai.
- We were guests of Waldorf Astoria to review the Surf & Turf brunch.
- This review was done in March 2022. Please check the official website for all current details.