A very quick summary of my thoughts on the Carnival Brunch at Palm Garden, Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. After a bit of browsing online and in the Entertainer as usual, we settled to book the family-friendly Carnival Brunch held at the Sheraton JBR, which is on every Friday from 1-4pm. We’ve been to the brunch 3 years ago when it was called something else and entirely indoors (summer…) and I wasn’t overly impressed. So different when you can sit outside……. ah, I love winter in Dubai 🙂
- Fab outdoor setup, love it as it’s completely shaded so it’s comfortable for us and the kids ( Shaded, because of its position being right behind the Sheraton building itself and that large tree which seems to be the home to every bird in JBR around sunset time heh)
- Not an overly huge area which is good – this means that you will be able to see the kids in the enclosed outdoor play area from where you sit. We had the table right in front of the live band.
- Food – loved the pork ribs, pork cutlets, do-it-yourself beef tacos. They also have a live pasta station and creamy mushroom risotto mmm.
- Drinks – I went for non-alcoholic – they have packet juices, soft drinks, water and also a coffee/hot chocolate machine. Yay to coffee. Boo to no mocktails, however you could be cheeky like me and ask for soda water, bit of lime, bit of mint leaves and make your own mocktail hehe.
- Entertainment – we loved the live music 😉 The kids were dancing away to Dance Monkey, Senorita, Amy Winehouse. The enclosed play area has a bouncy castle/slide, 5 swings (woohoo!), see saw, and a little kids buffet with the usual fish fingers, sausages etc. They also had a mime artist and juggler, ah.. just lots of entertainment to keep everyone happy for the afternoon.
- Service – No issues as an overall.. a few minor things which I will highlight in the bottom section
- Payment – Kudos to the team on handling a large group well – I know this is always a tough one when you have different families who want to pay separately, use of Entertainer vouchers, someone is doing alcoholic, someone who isn’t.
- Suggest to remove the email address on the facebook info page – emails sent there bounces back. Some people might choose to contact the team through there. I tried to send a DM on FB to inform the same, and whoever who is seeing the message is simply ignoring and not responding, though I could see it is read, which makes it even worse. Suggest to send an automated response on FB message like a lot of places do “Please call xx if you wish to get in touch” if the resort does not want to use FB as a means of communication.
- Suggest to introduce email and text confirmation for brunches. I requested for it over the phone and they had told me many times they will send me a text to confirm but I never got one. It’s simply just to be sure it’s confirmed, to avoid disputes over number of people, etc etc… especially when you have a large group booking.
- Can we please have some ice cream in the dessert too? With cones? Hehehe
All in all we had a really good time. as always. I had booked for a table for 8 adults and 5 toddlers. I would return – such a reasonably priced brunch in JBR – 245 AED for two for the soft beverages package using the Entertainer, add on 100 AED if you to drink drink and drink some more 😉 Ah – and it includes pool and beach access 😉 We’ve been coming to the Sheraton quite a lot lately with Privilee (love 40% off at Bliss Lounge…), looks like we’ll be back to the brunch again soon before summer hits!!
- Carnival Brunch
- Palm Garden, Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- 245 AED for soft beverages package
- 345 AED for drinks package
- Deal : Entertainer 241, valid for the soft beverage page. Add on 100 AED if you want to do the drinks package
- Non-sponsored. We paid for the Carnival Brunch at Sheraton JBR, using the Entertainer voucher for the 241 deal.
- Review was done in December 2019. Please check with Sheraton JBR for current prices and details