Note to all : When brunch ends at 4pm, please be considerate and refrain from serving yourself from the ice-cream booth 😉 Just because they didn’t store away the booth doesn’t mean you can help yourself. It will cost you 16AED per scoop with the cone. I’m really sorry guys!
So, a browse through the Entertainer app last week trying to find a family-friendly brunch brought us all to Clubhouse at Jebel Ali Recreation Centre – 265AED for two including drinks! 6 adults and 5 kids – partyyyyy time 🙂 Picked it also because it’s part of Privilee should we decide for a dip after brunch!!
- Food – Pretty much pub food and all the kids favourites, as to be expected from Clubhouse. Spaghetti bolognaise, beef lasagne, mac and cheese, creamy mash, fries, butter chicken and rice, lots of fish fillet. Everything the little ones would eat, and that the growns ups would enjoy – I mean, why not when you can have 5 glasses of mojitos and relax while the kids run around at ease.
- Ambience – Large open space, which is good so that if the kids run to the other end of restaurant you can kind of still see them 😉 Just make sure they don’t run into the ‘pub’ which is interconnected at the other end.
- Kid’s Entertainment – There’s a lady that does face painting and balloon bending. That’s about it really. However, with the number of kids around the whole place it was literally an entire playground.
- Damage – 265AED for two, for the drinks package. That’s house wine, draft beer, cocktails (mojitos, the usual rum,gin,vodka mixers) I think it was 185AED for two, for the non-alcoholic package (please check with them)
Reservations? Don’t attempt to make a booking through their email address on their facebook page, as it’s very likely that you won’t get any response. Suggest to just give them a call 🙂 Even after giving them a call, I asked them to send me an email to confirm the reservation but never got one. Good thing is, we did get our table when we got there. One of the very few old-fashioned places around I think they isn’t using those text/email confirmation services. Odd! That’s Jebel Ali Recreation Club for you I guess 😉
In a nutshell? A very simple family-friendly brunch, serving pub favourites in a relaxed atmosphere. When I say simple I mean simple – it’s not really somewhere you would bring your guests from overseas. Not very publicised I’ll say, as I’ve never even heard about it from mums and friends. One to try if you run out of brunches to go to with the kids – just don’t help yourself with the ice cream when brunch is over at 4pm 😉
- The Village Brunch
- Clubhouse at Jebel Ali Recreation Club
- 1:00-4:00pm every Friday
- Deal : 265 AED for 2, for the drinks package, using the Entertainer
Note : This is not a sponsored post. We paid for the brunch at the Clubhouse