Back again to the Fairmont at the Palm – this time for literally the entire afternoon 🙂
So if you’re planning to spend the afternoon here with the family using Privilee, or otherwise just looking for another spot to go to for lunch on a Friday without breaking the bank – give Flow Kitchen a try.
Here’s our two cents :
- It’s ‘international’ cuisine, so you get a bit of everything. Sushi corner, pasta and pizzas, indian curries, arabic starters, salads, chinese dim sums, dessert, fruit, donuts, ice cream for the kids!
- They do the best dim sums. Har gaus (prawn, wrapped in translucent wrappers), siew mai (chicken dumplings), vegetarian dumplings, and chicken paos. I’m happy to return to have just this.
- That mushroom tortellini. That sauce. So good.
- Whilst I wasn’t keen of the layout when we went there the last time for dinner as it was entirely ‘open’ – click here for my previous review, it works better as a lunch spot. This was properly named a ‘Family weekend lunch’ spot as there evidently were a number of kids around. The central dining space was lit bright (I recommend you sit here) – our girls, as with our friend’s boy were just running around, and playing with the little water display in the centre (Note: It’s not actually meant to be kids water play thing, but ended up being so…oops 😉 )
Lunch is 12:30 to 3:30pm – and costs 180AED (for two, with the Entertainer, food only). You could otherwise use the Groupon deal of 125AED per person which includes soft drinks. And yes – kids below 6 dine for free 🙂
How did we make use of Privilee?
- Popped the 3 year old at the Falcon Kid’s Club
- You get 2 hours free with Privilee.
- You can still use it even if you’re not with Privilee, our friend dropped her son off for 65aed an hour.
- My girl came back with a self-made craft mask, painting on her arms, and lots of stories to tell 🙂 And of course, we had a bit of peace and quiet whilst she had fun as well 😉
- Daddy used the gym – which he said was very busy today (Friday).
- Spent the rest of the afternoon at the Splash Pad and Family Pool :). Thoughts?
- Splash Pad was partly shaded which was good. The girls had a nice time running around.
- The family pool does not have shade, but as we were there between 4 to almost 7pm, parts of the pool were shaded from the sun being so low.
- Very crowded today – lots of families, and nannies as well. There’s a hoop so the older kids can play basketball in the water. Miscellanous floats, provided by the Fairmont which we could all use. Balls. Definitely one of the ‘busier’ Privilee family pools, I assume a lot of the Fairmont Residences and Golden Mile peeps use this pool a lot.
- Pool shuts at 7pm.
- Outdoor showers, as well as bathrooms right next to family pool.
- There is a changing room with showers, sauna and steam room by the gym (same place you exchange your Privilee cards for the hotel cards). Kids are allowed in there, however note that they wouldn’t let daddies take girls into the changing room. He’ll have to change her in the disabled bathroom located by the corridors. I’m not sure if the same would apply the other way round – i.e mummies bringing the boys. Please check.
All in all, another happy day. I recommend the lunch – it’s very reasonably priced, and whilst it doesn’t have the usual ‘brunch’ entertainment, it’s definitely a family-friendly restaurant. I would actually go so far to suggest, why not put some plastic boats, or balls in that water feature in the restaurant – let the kids play, haha! If you’re not a Privilee member and would like a bit of peace and quiet during lunch, least you have the option of popping your little one (3 and above) into Falcon Kid’s Club as well 😉 And to finish off the evening – we were very impressed that the valet chaps actually knew how to collapse a yoyo (Dragonmart version ;)). That’s what I call exemplary service. Take notes, all other hotels!!
- Weekend Family Lunch
- 12:30-3:30pm, every weekend
- Deal : 180AED for two, using the Entertainer – food only, otherwise 125AED including soft drinks on Groupon
Disclaimer : We were guests of Fairmont the Palm for the Weekend Family Lunch. The Privilee part – that’s entirely our own expense.