Few days ago I was not well, came home after work and was laying in bed, resting. My nose was running, my throat was sore, and my body ached 😦
I started going through all the 241s in my HSBC Entertainer and couldn’t find a single massage suitable for my ‘current state’ i.e pregnant. O deary me, I need to pay full price? The horror! 😀
So I started ringing them one by one, to ask if they :
- a) provide massages for pregnant women ; and
- b) if I could use the Entertainer 241s for those massages
Amongst the many that I rang, I found 4 places that ticked the two boxes above. Happy happy 🙂
One of these places was The Spa at The Address Dubai Marina, in our neighbourhood. Yay! When I further enquiried, I found out that
- c) they have a couples massage room as well and you could use the 241 with your husband.
Fast forward to tonight, after our little spa date 🙂
I would definitely recommend to all mother-to-be’s their ‘Real Nurturing Experience’.
What I liked :
- My therapist Angela, she was sweet, and as per my request focused on specific areas of shoulders and back muscles. She was strong, had just the right pressure and it definitely felt like she knew what she was doing 🙂
- She also massaged the arms, and the legs. I have not started swelling (yet…), so it was just soothing to have my body being taken care of
- As you would expect from The Address Hotels, the facilities provided at The Spa are clean, and of the highest standards. It is not as lavish at the ones of its sister hotel in Downtown Dubai (erm, before the fire of course), but it is alright 😉
What could be better :
- At the end of the treatment, my husband and I were both asked to sit up straight away as they helped us get robed. I was a bit surprised as usually you’re allowed to lay there for much longer as you rest, and you get robed in your own time. We then realised they had another appointment booked for the next hour (probably why the massages are 50min slots?).
- Unlike it’s sister hotel, they didn’t have a couples relaxation room so we had to retreat back to the ladies/gents area, aww. It would be nice if we could both chill out with tea and apricots together !
The difference between this and a normal massage?
She mentioned that some women, when they are further down their pregnancy will not be comfortable laying on their belly so you will be laying on your side. I’m still not very big so I was okay facedown.
I guess there isn’t much difference with the way they massage the shoulders, arms, legs, and scalp. Just that they know they are not allowed to touch certain parts of the body like the lower back muscles and of course, the belly area 🙂
- The Real Nurturing Experience by itself is 460 AED.
- G’s Muscle Release was 450 AED.
- The voucher we used in the HSBC Entertainer was for the Lomi Juma Massage for 2, which was 475AED so we paid…. 475AED for the two of us 🙂
Happy that I can still use these vouchers eventhough I am expecting, he he. So if you want a massage, and you want to make a date out of it with your husband (pregnant, or not), check this one out 🙂 I’ll reveal the other 3 spots in my other posts as I book myself into them, he he!
Cheers to Donna and Rally as well for taking care of my phonecalls and emails, and credits to my therapist Angela for my first massage since I knew I was expecting 🙂